Monday 9 April 2012

Tidy

In my last post I pondered what I was going to do with myself over the long bank holiday weekend. In the end me and Liz did end up doing a lot of tidying. We finally finished sorting out stuff in the middle bedroom that we've had to do for a long time, which is good. Some things just got re-boxed again, but at least we have sorted through it at least the once. We also did a huge pile of paper shredding that has been getting bigger and bigger, and sorted out things in the dining room, including gathering together some books we don't use to give to a charity shop somewhere. We did take some things to a charity shop today; the first two we usually go to were closed (as its a bank holiday), but luckily we did find one to drop off two bags to (as they were getting heavy carrying them into town). I did also make some cake and a load of biscuits which I brought along to dinner yesterday with my family, which went down well. Still have some cake left, but the biscuits got finished off pretty quickly (I was eating them on and off since they were cooked, so I didn't have a full tub to bring along anyway). 


In all, it was a productive weekend, which I think is good, as it gave us a chance to catch up on things that we've been meaning to do for a while. Plus I got to try out an old cake recipe I had written down to see if I could still make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment