Wednesday 26 June 2013

Android App: Holiday Checklist

As part of my preparation for my recent holiday, I wanted to be able to keep track of everything we were taking away with us so I could be sure we brought back when we returned. The design I had in mind was a very simple check list with two checks - one for when something was packed and one for when we brought it back. 

I did the initial implementation and sent it to my brother who was also coming on the trip. He suggested a few modifications which I tinkered with while on holiday as I had my netbook with me. 

As I was developing on a small netbook, I could only get a small device running as an emulator, which is why I aimed it at a smaller API level. It also has the bonus of being available for older devices (my phone is quite old as it is). 

When I got back from the trip, I finished off a couple of improvements and put it up on the Play store for free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lhsi.holidaychecklist

As I said, it is a very basic design, but it does what it needs to do. 

Now I just need to have another trip away...

No comments:

Post a Comment